Full Time Opportunities
No open positions at this time. Check back again soon.
Ducks Unlimited Canada’s Native Plant Solutions (NPS) is the most experienced company in Canada in naturalized stormwater system design, construction, and management. We are seeking highly energetic and motivated individuals to fill the role of Conservation Technician in our Winnipeg office from May to August 2021 (with some positions to be extended into the fall).
- Day-to-day operations and maintenance of NPS’ wetland and upland projects within and around Winnipeg, which may include seeding, chemical and mechanical weed control, installation of erosion control products, wetland hand-planting, vegetation monitoring and assessments, and other tasks as required.
- Travel within Manitoba and to other provinces may be required for some staff. Travel expenses will be covered.
- Study for, and pass, pesticide applicators license training and exam. Cost and time associated with this will be covered by the employer
- Relevant work experience in one or more of the following specialties: plant and/or wetland ecology, agriculture/farming, greenspace management, plant science, environmental science, engineering or landscaping.
- Experience in one or more of the following is considered an asset: plant identification, weed management, herbicide handling and application, soil erosion management, performing transect surveys, establishment of annual and perennial crops.
- Experience operating farm and/or field equipment (tractors, seeders, ATVs, trailers, sprayers) is considered an asset.
- Ability to perform rigorous physical fieldwork under a variety of weather conditions, lift 50lbs, and crouch, bend, stretch, or stand for extended periods of time.
- Strong work ethic, enthusiasm for the outdoors and environmental conservation.
Practical field skills, good communication and organizational skills.
- Able to work independently or within a dynamic team environment.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license in good standing and must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Able to work flexible fulltime hours on short notice (including early mornings, evenings, weekends, and overtime).
Some positions will extend into September, please be prepared to provide your availability.
Preference may be given, but is not limited to, students between ages 17-30 based on available funding where the successful candidate must be a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic yea
The wage for these summer positions is $15/hour to $18/hour, based on skill sets and experience, and on a 35-hour work week.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please visit the online career center to submit your application online for confidential consideration. Your application should include: a cover letter (including date of availability for work), resumé, three work-related references, and academic web transcript (if a current or graduated student).
Deadline for applications is January 25, 2021.
While Native Plant Solutions would like to thank all applicants, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.